Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunrise Sunset



I have become obsessed lately with capturing "my" sunrises and sunsets with my camera. (I was going to say "on film" and I'm not sure what expression we should use for digital.) I've always found delight in the rising and setting of the sun, but now I want to know more about it. I want to know why is the light pink some times and then an intense orange at other times and then sometimes it's just plain white light. I love the effects in the sky 90 degrees from where the sun is actually "setting." I love the shadows that it casts on the yards and houses on my street as it's "rising." It's frustrating that the camera can't capture perfectly what my eye is seeing. I would like to learn to paint these colors. I wonder if God on purpose made it that these colors would appear from time to time as my bit of the planet is turning toward and then away from the sun. Did he know that I would take such delight in it? It's a nice thought to think that this isn't just a natural outcome of the sun and atmosphere, but that the Creator knew it would be beautiful to my eye. Either which way, I thank you, Yahveh.

No comments: